Good Morning Beautiful People!
My Juice Cleanse Journey is coming to a CLOSE! I’m on the home stretch here, and couldn’t be happier – to finish, that is…
Before I provide your eyeballs with today’s menu, I think it’s important to take a look at how it’s made me feel the past two days. I would like to preface with the fact that it’s important to recognize that every body is different. There are many people who swear by cleansing, and love the way it makes them feel, and then there are those who find it’s just not for them. Everyone reacts differently. When I share my experience, it’s just that: MY experience. I’m merely providing you with how it’s made me feel.
- My Skin is Glowing, although my facial might be partially responsible for that.
- I Am Confident That, Internally, It’s Doing Good For My Body
- An Increase In Mental Strength: I feel as though the restrictiveness of this cleanse has helped build my willpower muscle, and given me the ability to channel my emotions in a more controlled and thoughtful way.
- A Heightened Sense Of Awareness: Because the past 2 days have been consumed with detecting how my body is feeling, I’ve become hyper-conscious about how what I put in my body affects EVERYTHING – my mood, focus, social life, romantic life, etc.
- I Feel Light, not heavy, swollen or bloated.
- I’m Not Experiencing ANY PMS Symptoms: I would normally experience some cramping/emotional moments at this time
- I’m Sleeping Long & Well
- I Feel Empty: Although I’m consuming a whole lot of liquid, I’ve never been a fan of drinking my calories for this reason.
- I Don’t Feel Myself: Preparing and eating healthy food is such a huge part of my life’s enjoyment, so it’s tough – because I can’t have any, It’s difficult for me to talk about it, watch it, see it, or smell it.
- I’m Low On Energy / Weak Feeling: This may very well be due to the fact that I have yet to finish all 6 juices. I can only manage to stomach 4 of them, which must mean that I am calorie-deficient, which is why I’ve been feeling this way. Both days, I’ve had to eat some raw cucumber and celery to help me get through. I also had a few pieces of watermelon last night, which made me feel better. Oddly, it only took a small amount of the “solid food” to fill me up.
- I Crave Resuming My Bun Burning Activities!: I am DYING to break a sweat, here! I did do yoga Monday, but just missing my workouts yesterday and today feels like an eternity, because exercise fuels my happiness and productivity, people! –You know this!
Before I launch into today’s menu, let’s take a look at how I fared the rest of yesterday:
#4). 4:30pm “Turmeric Tonic” / Evaluation: This was good. I liked the spiciness and tang this had. Very refreshing.
#5). 7:00pm Carrot Juice / Evaluation: This was smooth, sweet, and yummy. Tasted just like carrot, which I happen to be a BIG FAN of. I started getting really full feeling after this, which is why I’m sad to say, I, again, never made it to juice #6 or #7.
#6). “Green Coco Juice” / Evaluation: N/A
#7). “Cashew Hemp Mylk” / Evaluation: N/A
Now let’s move on to today’s MENU: I’m 2 concoctions deep into Day 3…
#1). “E3 Live” Booster Shot – Consists of 100% Organic Blue Algae / Evaluation: Not so great, but it’s just a shot, so it goes down quickly! Easy to take.
#2). Coconut Water – Consists of 100% Organic Raw Coconut Water / Evaluation: While I usually love coconut water, there is a funky taste to this that I’m not a fan of. I have to hold my breath and chase it with gulps of water…Wish I had my Orange or Pear juice today! Dangit!
What’s to Come…
#3). 1:00pm “Mellow Love” Green Juice – Consists of Romaine, Celery, Spinach and Cucumber / Evaluation: Definitely pizzazzing this up with fresh squeezed organic lemon again! That did the trick for me yesterday.
#4). 3:00pm “Ginger Lemonade” – Consists of Purified Alkaline Water, Lemon, Lime, Ginger, Coconut Sugar / Evaluation: Love this! I’ll have something to look forward to after my green machine.
#5). 5:00pm “Green Coco Juice”- Consists of Kale, Celery, Romaine, Green Chard, Thai Coconut Water / Evaluation: I think I’ll need lemon reinforcements here. Oy!
#6). 7:00pm “Green Love” – Kale, Celery, Romaine, Cucumber, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Collard Greens, Pear, Lemon, Parsley/ Evaluation: TBD
#7). 9:00pm “Coconut Mylk” –100% Organic Coconut Meat, 100% Organic Thai Coconut Water / Evaluation: TBD
And that, My friends, is the last look you’ll have at my all-liquid menu! Tomorrow, I’ll post a detailed debrief for everyone, and show y’all what I decide to eat for breakfast! Woo hoo!
Wishing you all Happy + Healthy + Wednesdays!
P.S.: My Top 10 Tips To A Healthy Cinco De Mayo are featured today on Daily Buzz Healthy Living’s Top 9! Check it out HERE!