Hello My Darlings!
Get your hands up in the ay-er and wave ’em like you just don’t cay’er…
Yep. Wednesday totally calls for some rapping, don’t you think? Only two more days until the weekend, Y’all = Party in the U.S.A!
Mmm kay. Who’s ready to feast their eyeballs on…
My Top 10 WHO, WHAT and WHERE in NYCizzlet, Beauty Edition
I’m gonna keep this one short, sweet and to the point. Eat up, Buttercups.
*As a preface, I’d like to say that I so passionately stand by every single one of these people, products and places. Not one of them put me up to the task. I don’t get paid to write this shit. It’s for real, from the bottom of my heart. If that weighs a little heavier on your likelihood to try some of these out, than that makes me very happy, because I know you will be afterward. Promise.*
- Hair Color: Laurie Daniel, Eva Scrivo Salon for the best blonde a girl can get!
- Hair Cut: Tommy Buckett, Marie Robinson Salon He just lobbed me and I love it!
- Blowout: Ian @ DreamDry
- Facial: Lisa Shannon, Fusion Spa
- Nails: Lily, Sakura Nail & Spa (Downtown location) for non-toxic Cal-gels. They also specialize in all that crazy nail art madness. It’s incredible, but brace yourself – the art takes roughly 3 hours to finish! Oy! I usually opt for solid color, French or maybe glitter for special occasions.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Linda or Esther, Blooming Nails & Spa on Park Avenue South (bet. 21st and 20th). Linda will massage the living daylights out of you- I mean, the woman stands, no jumps, for Chrissakes! Granted, she’s about 90 pounds, but she packs a serious jump. She manages to crack the you-know-what out of my back and it was like heaven on earth.
- Pilates: Core Pilates NYC For the best pilates in town – duh! Come take my class (Mondays at 2pm) or any of the others. They’re the jam sauce & will keep you coming back for more!
- Yoga: Privates with Zoë Anna or Kyle Miller of Yoga Vida or Jivamukti Spiritual Warrior Class. Zoe and Kyle are both incredible. Period. Take their class or book a private with them if you get lucky enough to snag a time slot.
- Kickass, Bootcamp-style workout: SLT (Strengthen Lengthen Tone)
- …and to always get in a healthy dose of greens, reward yourself and your skin by eating the BEST Kale Salad EVER at Hillstone on Park Avenue South @ 27th.
That’s it. I’ve said my peace…now go out and do your body some good, Lovers!
Love & Hugs